Thursday, October 11, 2007

Marker updates

Don,
As I may have indicated in the past, I plan to devote a lot of time this year updating my marker and courthouse websites. Thanks for keeping me informed on what you're doing.On Monday, I met with some people from the Georgia Department of Economic Development. They indicated that planning was beginning to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War (2011-15). They think that there will be a lot of interest in historical markers. In fact, they are going to be seeking funding from the General Assembly to take responsibility for the historical markers related to the Civil War. As you know, no one currently is doing anything to maintain, repair, repaint, and replace markers. So, this is welcome news.Ed

Don Hogan ((Bellsouth)) wrote:I continue to update the markers page. Here are the latest additions.
http://www.civilwarmarkers.com/Civil%20War/updates.htm

No comments: